Effective Date: June 10, 2023
Raintree Systems, Inc. (“our”, “we”, “us”) runs various events, seminars, and conferences to update and educate our clients, potential clients, and industry professionals (“Events”). This privacy notice provides you with information about how we use your personal information when you register for and attend an Event run by us.
How does this privacy notice relate to other privacy notices?
Registering for an Event
If you wish to attend one of our Events, please RSVP by responding to us using the contact details provided on the Event invite. You may also register for an event by accessing the registration link posted on our website.
What personal information will be processed?
If you register with an Event App and consent to share your information with us, we will receive the following information:
- Your first and last name, email, avatar image, job title, phone number, and any company information you’ve chosen to include in your Event App profile.
- The sessions you’ve added to your personalized schedule.
- The points of interest (speakers, vendors, etc.) you’ve added to your to-do list.
- Your general usage metrics (time in the guide, how many times you opened the guide, etc.)
- Your dietary restrictions
If you choose not to share your information but sign in to an Event App account when accessing the guide, we will see your first and last name, email, avatar image, and any company information you’ve chosen to include in your Event App profile. Usage details will not be shared with us.
If you register for an Event with us directly, the information you provide us will include:
- Your title, name, and full postal, email address, and or telephone number;
- Your job title and role;
- Any dietary requirements; and
- Access needs.
We may record and/or photograph the Events on our website and/or social media. This will be for promotional and marketing purposes. We maintain copyright and any other intellectual property in photographs taken and/or recordings belonging to us.
In return for access to the Event, you consent to any such filming, photography, and/or live streaming and to us reproducing and publishing your words and/or likeness in any transcript or publication relating to the Event and for purposes of marketing our Events. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed at an Event, please contact us.
We may also process and store records of communications sent to you by us or that we receive from you in relation to an Event you will attend/have attended.
What is the purpose of the processing?
We will process your personal information for the following purposes:
- To reserve a place for you at the event(s) you requested to attend;
- To provide you with information about the event(s) for which you have registered, such as event updates, and possible changes, cancellations or similar information;
- For general administration and organization of our events, for example, to contact you with information about an event or conference that you’re exhibiting at, or attending as we need to use your details for planning and logistics, to invoice you, to provide you with client services in relation to the event, and general administration of your attendance at the event.
- To fulfill and monitor our legal responsibilities;
- In accordance with your preferences, to communicate with you about other events, news, and services we provide;
- To ask you for your feedback or review after an Event you have attended;
- To pass on your contact details to our logistics partners to enhance your experience at an Event you have signed up to exhibit or sponsor;
- To assess the activity of our attendees at our Events.
- To create a delegate list (which will include your name and company (not email or telephone number), which will be shared with an Exhibitor or Sponsor at the Event.
- To film and photograph the Event which will be used to market our services and to promote future events on our website, social media channels, and in marketing materials.
- To improve our services, marketing, client relationships, and experiences; and
- To plan better future events and attendee experience.
What is the legal basis of the processing?
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- For our legitimate interests (for example, in order to manage and develop our business, study how clients use our products/services, develop them, grow our business, and inform our marketing strategy).
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information, although we will get your consent before sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
To the extent that you may provide us with personal information about yourself that is sensitive, for example relating to any disability, allergies, or other dietary requirements that you have, we will process this information with your explicit consent, or if it is necessary:
- For the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- Very occasionally, when it is needed to protect your or another person’s vital interests and you are not capable of giving your consent (for example, in an emergency).
Who will your personal information be shared with?
Within Raintree, your personal information is shared only with those departments and staff who need access for the processing purposes set out above.
We may share some of the information with external organizations providing services for the Event you are attending, in particular, we may share your information (including dietary requirements) with catering service if you are attending an Event where catering is offered.
How long is your personal information kept?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation with respect to our relationship with you.
Please refer to our Privacy Notice for further information.
For further details, please see:
Your rights in relation to your data
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, please do not hesitate to contact us at
Raintree Systems, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
30650 Rancho California Road
STE 406 #208
Temecula, CA 92591